Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday Thingers

(Hosted by Boston Bibliophile )

Today's question- Blog Widgets. Do you use them? Do you have them on your blog? Do you know what I'm talking about? :-) A blog widget is that list of books "From my LibraryThing" and such, that you'll sometimes see on someone's sidebar. If you use it, do all of your books show up or do you have it set to only show certain books? Do you have a search widget, which would allow your blog readers to search your library? Have you ever made a photomosaic of your book covers? You can find widgets and photomosaic information on the "Tools" tab in LibraryThing.

Yes, I use them. Yes, I love them. I found the widgets shortly after signing up for Library Thing, and immediately added the 'random books from my library' to my blog. I love hitting the refresh button, and seeing assorted new books come up. (BTW, to read my blog post after finding Library Thing click here

As for the other widgets, I did have a search my library button, but part of it was cut off on my sidebar, and I was too lazy to try and solve the problem, so I just removed it.

I haven't ever made a photomosaic, that sounds intruiging.

4 comments:

Melissa November 25, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

I use the random things from my library too. Sometimes a book will pop up that I forgot I had!

Wendi November 25, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Oh I love your widgets! I love the one you have on the right hand side that scrolls through your books read in 2008! :) Wendi

Here's my Thinger!

jlshall November 25, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

You do have a lot of widgets! And I had a great time looking at all of them. Especially the one that shows all the books read in 2008 - that's very neat. Oh, and I'm Elinor Dashwood, too! I used to have that one on my blog, but took it off.

Cathy November 25, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Hello, from another Elinor Dashwood who loves widgets! :-)

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP