Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Do you read yourself to sleep?



I snapped this picture of my two year old tonight. He fell asleep while turning a page in his book (which happens to be Ebb and Flo and the Baby Seal which I reviewed a couple of days ago).

So, how about you? Do you read yourself to sleep? Is it intentional, or does your body just give out on the battle to stay awake?

I have never been able to read myself to sleep. I know many people who have used it as a way to cure insomnia; but it has the opposite effect on me. As long as I am reading, I am awake. If I want to go to sleep, I have to put the book away.

5 comments:

Literary Feline November 20, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

I'm afraid I'm like your adorable boy in the photo. I do read myself to sleep sometimes--even against my will. LOL No matter how much I may want to continue reading, when my body decides it's time, my eyes will close and stay that way. I used to be able to pull all nighters. No more. :-(

Holly November 20, 2008 at 10:26 AM  

Oh, what an adorable picture! To answer your question, I do fall asleep reading, almost every night (either that or to the television). My husband doesn't understand how I can do it. But I just sort read until my eyes get heavy and then I drift off. :-)

Anonymous,  November 22, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

That is precious! I have a picture of my son taking a nap with a book over his face. No one believed me, but he fell asleep that way.

cindysloveofbooks November 22, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

What a cute picture. I have to admit on occassion I have read myself to sleep. It doesn't happen often though. BTW I have added you to my blog list. Great Blog.

Dani In NC November 24, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

I can read blogs until I'm drowsy. It is difficult with a novel, though. I may have to prop my eyelids up with toothpicks, but I will continue to read until the wee hours of the morning on a good book.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP