Thursday, November 6, 2008

Booking through Thursday: Presents


What, if any, memorable or special book have you ever gotten as a present? Birthday or otherwise. What made it so notable? The person who gave it? The book itself? The “gift aura?”
One of the most meaningful book gifts I have recieved was a deluxe leather-bound edition of Dickens'. It is a nice book, but what made it special was that my Aunt got it for me for no occasion. She saw it in the bookstore and knew I would like it, so she suprised me with it.

3 comments:

Cathy November 6, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

That *would* be special!

SmilingSally November 6, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Now, that's the BEST kind of spoilin'. Happy Booking Through Thursday. I'm giving away a couple of books. See my sidebar if you're interested.
http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/

jlshall November 6, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

Isn't it nice to surprised with a gift for no reason? What a wonderful aunt you have!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP