Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Perfect Pumpkin Pie

by Denys Cazet

Rating: 3.5/5
Grade: A (Appropriate for all ages, a bit scary)




A cantankerous old man dies while eating his beloved pie. But apparently the grave is not strong enough to keep him away from his search for the perfect pie.



This book was fun for halloween, having a nasty ghost and all. There was repeating rhyme in the story, which I find always holds the attention of even the smallest listener. It was just scary and gross enough to be slightly spooky, but the live people in the story were not afraid of the ghost at all, so that made it less scary. I thought that some of the illustrations were a bit over the top on the gruesome side, which is OK for a spooky, funny story I suppose, but I found them rather gross. The story was original, and did not make me wish to bash my head into a wall during the repeat readings.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP