Saturday, November 15, 2008

The American Journey of Barak Obama - Review and WInner Announced!



Rating: 4.5/5
Grade: B - 8 and up

First of all let me just say that I rate books based on what they are. If I were rating this book as a comprehensive biography, it would do poorly. But, since it is a picture biography, it rated well. The pictures and layout are very well done. The text is interspersed with the pictures expertly.

Barak Obama's life story - starting with a brief introduction of the life of his parents - is told in a spare, and yet comprehensive manner. I felt that the writing was very bi-partisan, and the forces that shaped him, and what he chose to do with those influences, were the focus of the book.

I would recommend this book to anyonewho dosen't know much about our -soon to be - president; regardless of political persuasion. We all should know a little something about our commander in chief. I knew very little, and even if I do not agree with all of his politics, can't help but admire the man. And for those of you who do know about Obama, this is a very beautiful book to collect.

And now to announce THE WINNER!!!!

The winner chosen by http://www.random.org/ is:

Mollishka from A geocentric View .

The winner will be contacted, and if I do not hear a reply within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.

Thanks to all who participated.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP