Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
Grab your current read.

Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

His voice was hushed, as if Hatchery or Miss Darby or the boy Billy could be the Egyptian criminal in disguise. "I guarantee that your friend Dickens is--consciously or unconsciously, deliberately or as an instrument of Drood--carrying out that Devil's purposes on this tour."

~Page 234 of Drood by Dan Simmons

7 comments:

Luanne February 10, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

I think you are just slightly ahead of where I am!Cfreepy....

Nise' February 10, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Sounds like it could be scary!

Kailana February 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

I really need to start this soon!

Anonymous,  February 10, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

I've heard a lot about this and I really must see about getting a copy.

Jo-Jo February 11, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

I have been hearing a lot about this book lately and I admit that I am intrigued. That is a scary cover!

LissaL February 13, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

I am so behind in his books. There are so many I wish to read.Including this one. Is there such thing as a book retreat?

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP