Monday, December 8, 2008

Musing Mondays


How long do you wait after finishing a book before you pick/start another one? How many books do you have planned ahead or do you pick up random books from your tbr pile (if you have one)? Do you review right away or keep reading and come back to it later?
I do not wait to finish one book before I begin another. I am usually reading a number of books at the same time. I keep a 'currently reading' book in each part of the house, so that I always have something on hand while: waiting for the computer to load; washing dishes; nursing the baby (and, yes, there is always one of those - I have five kids ages nine and under); waiting for the kids to brush their teeth; and etc.
I have a general idea of what I will be reading next, but it is often disrupted by mood, and new books that I find. On the top of my pile are the books I have been sent review copies of.
Lately I have been trying to review the books I have read right away. Otherwise I get a discouraging stack of books to be reviewed, and none of them get reviewed. I also tend to forget things rather quickly - which is one of the reasons I started my blog, so that I can remember what I have read and what I thought of it.

1 comments:

Beth F December 8, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

I review right away because I definitely forget the details. Blogging has really helped me keep good track of my reading.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP