Sunday, June 17, 2007

Beyond Tuesday Morning

by Karen Kingsbury

Rating: 4/5
Grade: C - 14 and up (for thematic issues involved with 9/11)






Checked this book out from the library because I like the author. I didn't really pay attention to the cover, and didn't realize what it was about. When I began reading it, I was unsure that I really wanted to read a book about a women who lost her firefighter husband on 9/11. It was, however, a very good read. Had me crying in the waiting room of the doctor's office. Rather embarrasing. Especailly considering the unfriendly old couple sitting across from me. I mean really, who dosen't smile back when smiled out in a friendly, non-intrusive way? Well, I guess you never know what is going on in someone's life, maybe they had no smiles left.

Anyhow, this book was very well written, especially for Christian Fiction. The story was touching, and full of nearly unbelievable, God-driven, coincidences (for some reason I can not recall the spelling of that word today). The main theme: moving past tragedy, getting on with life, chosing to live your life fully despite past pain, and trusting God to bring good things to us.

I think I will now read the first part of the story, One Tuesday Morning.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP