Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Salon

The Sunday Salon.com

The dratted snow and cold weather has made it a week of comfort reads for me. You know the kind that you can cozy up with when a March snow storm is whirling around outside. Yes, I needed something to dull the longing for spring, to distract me from the seemingly endless days of snow in the forecast when all I want is to sit in the sun. Early this past week I read Frenchman's creek (read my review). Also had to catch up on some books for review: Dr. Gott's No Flour, No Sugar Diet; and Dr. Gott's No Flour, No Sugar Cookbook (read my review). Yesterday I finished Georgette Heyer's The Nonesuch, and also started Heyer's The Convenient Marriage .

Today I plan on finishing The Convenient Marriage, I am half-way through, so should manage to finish with no problem. Then we will see, I will either start Confessions by Augustine, or read the other du Maurier on my shelf My Cousin Rachel, but it only got here a couple of days ago, and I have other books which need to be read first.

I thought when I was approached with the Heyer books to review that I had somehow managed to miss out on ever reading one of her books, but as I am reading The Convenient Marriage I find that I have read it before. I think that my grandmother must have lent it to me when I was a teenager. I remember finding it quite racy. Yes, I was extremely sheltered.

3 comments:

Literary Feline March 29, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

It sounds like your comfort reads came to the rescue just in time. :-)
I hope spring starts to rear her head for you soon.

I haven't read anything by Heyer before that I know of.

I'll be curious to know what you think of My Cousin Rachel when you get to it. I haven't yet read anything my du Maurier, but I do want to read something by her one of these days.

I hope you have a great week.

Frances March 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Nothing like cozy in the house reading. And with My Cousin Rachel in your future, you are set. Happy reading week!

Today I am reading The Post Office Girl and loving it. Highly recommend it!

Anonymous,  March 29, 2009 at 4:50 PM  

hope the sun shines in your neck of the woods soon--i can't imagine how you get so much reading done with a house full of ankle biters running around! :) doesn't laundry, cooking, and all those domestic chores get in the way? or is that just at my house???

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP