Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


Wishing you all a wonderful Valentine's Day. May you be able to be with the ones you love and care for. My husband and I are going to a ball (Wyoming style, so don't think too fancy), which will be the first time we have gone to any dance or anything of the sort since our first date over ten years ago.



If you are lacking someone to celebrate this holiday with, may I suggest buying a large box of delicious chocolates and cuddling up with an even more delicious book. (Personally I have never thought much of the holiday. I don't need someone to tell me when I should be effusive and show my love, I prefer to do it on my own time. And how sincere can manifestations of love be when forced by a commercial holiday. In college I told everyone that I would refuse any proposal of marriage given on Valentines Day, even if it was to the love of my life. I guess I am just not that sentimental or romantic.)


3 comments:

Roblynn February 14, 2009 at 12:48 PM  

That explains why you have been married to my super romantic brother for over 10 years :) Have a good day and enjoy the ball. We are going to Bekahs for pizza and hanging out. Of course lunch alone first.

BookChook February 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

I'm with you, Lisa! I guess these holidays can be used as reminders for something we should remember all year round.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP