Sunday, January 25, 2009

Review: Sundays at Tiffany's

Rating: 2.5/5
Grade: C = 14 and up (sexual content)

One of the most difficult things about reviewing every book I read is the fact that sometimes I really don't care for a book, and I am dedicated to giving honest reviews. The story of Sundays at Tiffany's had some great potential, I was hoping to really enjoy the book. Unfortunately I don't feel that the potential was realized. The writing seemed rushed and rough, also very cliched. But even more cliched than the writing was the story line--every sentimental New York minute from film and novel of the last seventy-five years seems to have been woven into this book. Character development was very shallow, as was the depth of exploration of relationships.



This is actually the first of Patterson's books that I have read, and I will not judge his writing based on this one novel, especially as it is really outside his normal genre. If he were not an extremely successful and famous writer, I might also have been a bit more open to poor writing, but I guess I was expecting more.

3 comments:

Jo-Jo January 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

Thanks for the honest review Lisa!

Anna January 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I thought this was the worst book James Patterson ever put his name on. I wonder how much of the book the co-author wrote. I think his writing has declined as of late, but his other books are much better.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous,  January 29, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

I have this waiting for me in audiobook format; I'm hoping it will be easier to listen to (as light entertainment when multi-tasking) than it was to read!

I appreciate your honest review.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP