Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Why

I've started this blog to have a place to keep track of books that I am reading, and my opinions and thougths about those books.

I have recently resolved to read 23 non-fiction books before I read anymore fiction. I came to this decision after realizing that, of those I could remember having read, all 23 of the books I had read this year were fiction. Most of them were in the chick-lit genre. While I have always enjoyed, and do not disparage, this type of book, it seems very lazy on my part; consuming books for personal pleasure and feel goodness.

So, I am currently reading:

Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson, M.D.; I actually read all of this book today, and will do a review of it if I get the mountain of laundry in my living room folded.

Longitudes and Attitudes: Exploring the World After September 11 by Thomas L. Friedman

A Million Little Pieces by Paul Frey; which maybe should not be counted as non-fiction, as it has come out that he embellished and changed many of his experineces, but I find it to be a compelling read, gets into the mind of the recovering addict whether all of the info is actual or not. (my only complaint is constant use of the F-word, if it was a movie I would have turned it off, but can kindof skim over the profanity)

Toxic Relief: Restore health and energy through fasting and detoxification by Don Colbert, M.D.


On my list of things to read next:

Potatoes not Prozac by Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D, Addictive Nutrition

The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis

Ideas and Opinions by Albert Einstein

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP