Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser from My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier, page 120:

'No,' she said. 'I would have welcomed a pedestal, after my rough life. A halo can be a lovely thing provided you can take it off, now and again, and become human'

10 comments:

kayerj March 31, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

I read this book, many years ago.

I love Daphne

Melissa March 31, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

I'm looking for some classics for my challenge and this one looks good.

Hilarie March 31, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

This one sounds good, I'll have to add it to my TBR pile.

Anonymous,  March 31, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

A great teaser from one of my favourite books. Thank you for the reminder!

jlshall March 31, 2009 at 5:18 PM  

My Cousin Rachel was one of my favorite finds when I was a teenager. I loved it almost as much as I loved du Maurier's Rebecca. She was so great at writing romantic suspense novels. I really need to re-read this one. Great teaser!

Teddyree March 31, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

Great teaser, its on my TBR pile but I had forgotten all about it.

Alyce March 31, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

So true! Who wants the pressure of being perfect?

Here's my post.

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP