Monday, January 5, 2009

Reading Challenge


I am only participating in one reading challenge this year. There are so many really great and exciting challenges out there hosted by so many great and exciting people, but there is only one area that I really feel I need to work on as far as reading goes, and that is consistently reviewing the books that I read. I intended to work on this last year, but I guess having a baby sort of kicked me out of any routine. I really only consistently reviewed for four months of the year. I read plenty of books, so I am not looking to join in a numbers challenge. At my last count this morning, of the books I can recall and recorded having read, I read 104 books in 2008. This includes 5 cookbooks and 1 audio book, I figure I spent hours on them, so they should count. It does not, however, include 20+ old (think 60's and chaste) Harlequin Romances which I read the month before my baby was born, when I couldn't read anything that made me think, or I would be up all night with my mind spinning in circles. I could stand to diversify a bit, but am not displeased with the variety of books I read last year.

So, my challenge for this year is the ' 2009 Read and Review Challenge' hosted by MizB. Visit the site for this challenge here .

I am already behind on this challenge, as I have read three books so far this year, and not written a review for any of them yet. I also have two books which I finished after Christmas that I need to review. See, this will be a challenge for me.

4 comments:

Melissa January 5, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

What a great challenge for the new year! I always look forward to reading your book reviews on your book blog and every once in a while I even win a free book:)

Keep up the good work!

Kailana January 5, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

I always have the same goal, but it never works out. I am usually so far behind that it stresses me out, so I am starting fresh in 2009 and not even thinking about the pile of books that I did not review in 2008.

BookChook January 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

I am not even game to join a challenge! I find myself deliberately choosing picture books just to cut down on my reading time, but then somehow need to spend ages to get the review just right.

I look forward to seeing how you go with the challenge.

Beth F January 6, 2009 at 5:31 AM  

I'm in this too and I'm looking forward to reading you reviews -- BTW: you've been tagged!

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP