Thursday, October 30, 2008

Booking Through Thursday Question of the week


Mariel suggested this week’s question.
Are you a spine breaker? Or a dog-earer? Do you expect to keep your books in pristine condition even after you have read them? Does watching other readers bend the cover all the way round make you flinch or squeal in pain?


I believe that books can be read and enjoyed while not being destroyed. And if they can be kept nice, why would you put them in any other condition? Books to me are an investment, something that I keep, and will hopefully pass on to my children. I absolutely do not break spines, or fold pages. Admittedly the nicer the book the better I treat it. I tend to not be so careful with mass market paperbacks. I am also more careful with books I have paid actual money for. I don't really care how other people treat their books -their children or pets, yes - let's remember that books are inanimate objects. But I can't stand it when people bend the cover back on my books, and there are people I try not to lend books to for this very reason.


0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP